Holiday & Public Holiday Tasks
IntroductionYou can say that Holiday and Public Holiday Tasks are the best type of Tasks in Ganttic since you can plan regular or bank holidays and breaks with them.
Must-know about this featureBoth Holiday and Public Holiday Tasks are full-day by default but you can disable the 'All day' option, specify the hours and use them to book any short breaks (out of office, lunch, sick leave etc). You can edit the details like Data Fields, Title etc later, but the type cannot be changed once the Holiday Task is scheduled. The time of Holiday Tasks don't affect Resource Utilization %. Regular Tasks scheduled on top of Holiday Tasks will automatically have 0 hours of Busy Time.
Schedule a Holiday
- Schedule a Task and select "Holiday" Find the type tags below the title.
- Give the Task a title and click on "Save" upon completion Don't be startled, Holiday-type tasks look a bit different in the Gantt chart area.
- The Holiday Task will appear faded in the colour of your choice You can change the color from general Settings > Coloring.
Schedule Public Holidays
- Schedule a Task and select the "Public holiday" tag Find the type tags below the Title.
- Give the Task a title and check the Timing option Click on 'Save' upon completion.
- The Public Holiday will be added to your Resources
Public Holiday type Tasks will apply to all of the Resources automatically. If you need to add a Holiday to just a few of your Resources, use Holiday-type Task and add it to multiple Resources.Use the 'Repeat' function to schedule recurring Public or other type Holidays. F.e an annual Bank Holiday can be scheduled for upcoming 10 years.