Adding Custom Views
A big part of the Ganttic planning experience is the possibility to create an almost endless amount of different Views. Views of your Projects; Views where Tasks are colored by Projects; Views where Tasks are colored by their own colors; Views where Resources are grouped by different labels etc. As an Administrator, you can choose whether the View you created will be displayed to everyone on your team or just you. This can be done via Custom View Permissions section. Views created by Admins are private by default.
While managing your Resources, viewing can come in handy when you need to inspect schedules and plans made. Customize and save Views by combining Resource Grouping, Resource and Resource Group Sorting, Conditional Taskbar Coloring, Filtering, View Visibility Settings and Time Period settings. This allows you and your team to view Projects and schedules for different uses at any time. Save views lets you return to a customized environment when the need arises.
Must-know about this feature
By creating Custom Views you can get an overview of your Projects, Resources, Tasks etc by custom criteria. Switching between different Custom Views/tabs helps you to plan faster while avoiding setting different parameters for the same View all over again.
Create a Custom View
- Click on the "+" icon on top left This will open the drop-down menu.
- Select "VIEW" from the list A new View will be opened on a separate tab with View Settings section opened.
- Give it a name Click on "Save name" upon completion."View Settings" will be closed.
- Set desired parameters You can edit the Grouping, Sorting, Coloring, Filters, and default Time Period).
- To apply a feature click on "Apply" (temporary) or "Apply & Save" (permanent)
All Views created by Admin users are private by default. Private Views can only be viewed
by the User who created it, unless they are made public or shared with selected users. Public Views are visible to everyone. The "View permissions" icon can be found on top right.
Enabling "Lock view settings" for public Views will make sure that no user is able to edit its settings (Title, Grouping, Sorting, Coloring, Filtering, Time Period).
View the List of Custom Views
- Click on the "Views" icon on the sidebar This will open the Custom View List.
- You can now see all the Views created in your Ganttic account You can open or delete them in in bulk.
Find, Open or Delete a Custom View
- Click on the "Views" icon on the sidebar This will open the List View.
- Sort by Name, Grouping, Filters or Period You can do this by clicking on the column titles.
- Select multiple Views by ticking the boxes on the right Click on "Open".